Some creations speak for themselves.
Fresh puffs, filled with chocolate pastry cream are a classic dessert.
for the chocolate pastry cream:
250 ml milk
3 egg yolks
50 g sugar
30 g corn starch
20 g Dutch processed cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Bring the milk to boil.
2. Beat the egg yolks, sugar, starch and cocoa without over beating.
3. Pour half of the hot milk into the egg mixture, stirring constantly (dissolving the sugar). Pour the yolk mixture back to the pot where the other half of the milk is and place over medium heat.
4. Stir constantly with a whisk attachment, until thickens.
5. Place the pastry cream in a deep dish, cover it with cling foil, (the foil should touch the cream). Leave to cool at room temperature.
6. Stir the cream and fill a piping bag with a star attachment.
7. Cut "the lids" of the puff pots and fill with the cream. Cover with the lids.
8. Serve the same day.