These homemade rolls are fast and easy to make. After you prepare the dough, you have one and half hour to work on something that is in your schedule for the day. Then, it is all about baking the rolls, and enjoying the smell of fresh bread in the house.
I make these regularly, with all kind of flour mixture, because they serve my kids with freshness at school lunches. Sometimes, when I am out of ideas for the lunch bag, it is just a bread roll with some cream cheese. Usually this is in the menu on the day, after I bake them.
for the dough:
750 g white unbleached flour
18 g olive oil
7 g dry yeast
140 g lukewarm water
12 g salt
330 g lukewarm water
for the glaze:
1 egg white
prepare the dough:
1. Scale the flour and olive oil in the bowl of a mixer
2. In a glass, scale the yeast and first quantity of water. Stir to dissolve the yeast.
3. Scale the salt in a small coffee cup.
4. Scale the rest of the water.
5. After the yeast is dissolved, add the liquid to the flour mixture.
6. With a hook on the mixer, start stirring on slow, adding the rest of the water.
7. Before the last addition of water is added, add the salt, while mixer is working, trying to avoid contact with the yeast. Salt is a strong inhibiter of the yeast. They do not love each other at all.
8. Finish the mixing in about five minutes.
9. Cover the bowl with clear plastic film and leave to rise in a warm place or sunny spot in the house for an hour and a half.
Now is your time - finish all the things you have in mind before this next step in:
tailoring the rolls:
Have your oven hot at 210°C.
1. Divide the dough in 12 small pieces. Form the rolls. Make sure you add flour when working on these steps, just enough so the rolls do not become dense.
2. Arrange the rolls on a slightly floured baking pan.
3. Cut a cross on each roll with a serrated knife.
4. Brush some egg white on each one and place the pan in the oven.
5. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
6. Bake until very light golden.
Leave the rolls on a wire rack to rest, after baking.
Thanks for visiting!